Concerned about fraud
At St.George, protecting our customers against fraud is of the utmost importance to us.
We use a wide network of secure systems to ensure you can shop with confidence knowing you are protected from credit card fraud.
This includes 24/7 Falcon® Fraud detection system that detects any unusual purchase activity on your card. We may also call you from time to time for a Fraud check to make sure all the transactions we are seeing on your account are genuine.
An added layer of protection to your credit card security is our Secure Online Shopping service available to all St.George credit cardholders when you register with Internet Banking.
Report a lost or stolen credit card or any suspect transactions on your card at anytime through our 24/7 customer call centre:
- Australia 1800 028 208
- Overseas +61 2 9553 5333
- Verified by Visa and MasterCard® SecureCode™ services protect you while shopping online
- These cutting edge secure online shopping services have the added security of password protection
- Available to all registered St.George Internet Banking customers.
- You are protected from credit card fraud with St.George’s 24/7 fraud detection service
- We will protect you against loss from unauthorised transactions provided you have not caused or contributed to the loss and you notify us as soon as possible.
- Find out tips to keep your card secure.
- When you use your personal Visa Credit card or Visa Debit card online, over the phone, or when you press ‘Credit’ in store or make a contactless transaction, you’re protected from unauthorised transactions with Visa’s Zero Liability Policy1.
- Take the time to look at your account statement or transactions online through Internet Banking, and let St.George know if anything appears incorrect as soon as possible.
- Choose whether to sign or enter a PIN when making purchases on your credit card
- To apply for a PIN and change your PIN, visit your nearest branch or call us on 13 33 30.
The information on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this information, please read the terms and conditions of your selected product or service including any Product Discloser Statement to consider if it is right for you.
MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
1. Visa's Zero Liability policy does not apply to ATM or eftpos transactions. Cardholders should notify St.George Bank promptly of any unauthorised use of their card.